sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Component Lead Nominations: Tome Lead

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Juuso Alasuutari <iuso AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Component Lead Nominations: Tome Lead
  • Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 20:56:44 +0300

On Tuesday 19 September 2006 19:53, Matthew Clark wrote:

> But for maintaining technical documentation about SMGL, I lack the
> high-level knowledge that you, Arwed and others have. I do what I can, as
> I believe I write excellent documentation when I have the right
> information. So if Tome is centered mostly on technical documentation,
> then I'll remain just a Tome member and help where I can.

Keep in mind that a noticeable part of a Lead's effect on development comes
from simply urging us rankmen to do stuff. The Doc Man should of course write
documentation, but his deeper meaning (imho) is to see the big picture of
what kind of work is needed and where. From that perspective he can then
proceed to issue help requests, make suggestions and reward good work by
emanating a glow of general pleasantness. :)

You say you write excellent docs when provided the necessary data.
#sourcemage
is where you'll get that data in real time as you're writing. And if you
write something that's not entirely accurate, a simple review request on the
ML is bound to correct it.

Yours truly,
Someone who also writes good docs but really needs someone to kick his lazy
butt every now and then... :)

--
Juuso Alasuutari
[[ Source Mage GNU/Linux ]]