sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Things Spells Should Not Do

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jaka Kranjc <lynx AT mages.ath.cx>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Things Spells Should Not Do
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 14:38:32 +0200

On Monday 17 July 2006 23:09, Juuso Alasuutari wrote:
> I created a wiki page for listing all the things spells shouldn't do [0].
> Please take a look and add your entries. My idea is that it could be used
> as a note pad for what kind of pruning the grimoires still need. Now they
> partly resemble the Museum of Sorcery Development. It'd be cool if we would
> have a stable grimoire with a new haircut before 1.0.
>
> [0] http://wiki.sourcemage.org/Things_Spells_Should_Not_Do
I added the suggestions and cleared up the export one's description.
Wikified.
Elaborations can be done later.

added:
* Install info pages anywhere but /usr/share/info
* install files into /usr/local
* all querying should be done in ["CONFIGURE"] or rarely in ["PREPARE"].
Modify Makefiles if you have to. [maybe this should be bold as it is the main
reason for bad interactivity]
* write to $SPELL_CONFIG directly (use the api calls)
Anything wrong with my additions?

--
We cannot command nature except by obeying her. --Sir Francis Bacon