sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Things Spells Should Not Do

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Arwed von Merkatz <v.merkatz AT gmx.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Things Spells Should Not Do
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 23:25:21 +0200

On Tue, Jul 18, 2006 at 12:09:50AM +0300, Juuso Alasuutari wrote:
> I created a wiki page for listing all the things spells shouldn't do [0].
> Please take a look and add your entries. My idea is that it could be used
> as
> a note pad for what kind of pruning the grimoires still need. Now they
> partly
> resemble the Museum of Sorcery Development. It'd be cool if we would have a
> stable grimoire with a new haircut before 1.0.
>
> [0] http://wiki.sourcemage.org/Things_Spells_Should_Not_Do

Thanks, that's a good idea. Here's a couple more things to add when
someone has the time:
- don't use UPDATED (point to DETAILS documentation which includes
PATCHLEVEL and SECURITY_PATCH)
- don't use build_api 1
- don't use uname, $HOST, ... to detect arch, use SMGL_ARCHSPECS[?]

http://www.sourcemage.org