sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] restricting access to important spells

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Andraž \"ruskie\" Levstik" <ruskie AT mages.ath.cx>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] restricting access to important spells
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 19:56:48 +0200

Andrew Stitt wrote :

> Maybe make it easier to
> filter emails based on where the changes occurred. So those of us with
> less time to review everything can find the important stuff more easily.

I've been on sandalle' back for this one quite a while. I'd really like
to have a way to filter by spell, by section, by grimoire and this can
always be done with some X-Section, X-Grimoire, X-Spell headers. It
would probably require a bit more parsing of the commit info.

One other point is that the current commit mails are rather compressed
and hard to read. Maybe adding newlines between files and names of files
before their diff sorta like the p4 mails.

And yes a technological restriction wouldn't be a solution. A community
is based on trust between it's members and if we can't trust each other
to do what we are agreed upon then we can't expect others to trust us.

Just feeling a bit philosophycal in case anyone goes WT... on taht last
part. :)

Now to scavange some food.

--
Andraž "ruskie" Levstik
Geek/Hacker/Tinker

Hacker FAQ: http://www.plethora.net/%7eseebs/faqs/hacker.html
Be sure brain is in gear before engaging mouth.

Key id = A7A9E461
Key fingerprint = 757E C16B F5B7 DC27 B003 CCED CF95 3A77 A7A9 E461