sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] stable grimoire 0.4 released on thursday -- release notes.

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: seth AT swoolley.homeip.net
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] stable grimoire 0.4 released on thursday -- release notes.
  • Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2006 17:46:08 -0700

I've finagled bugzilla into listing all the unresolved issues in stable
grimoire:

http://bugs.sourcemage.org/buglist.cgi?&product=Codex&product=Prometheus&version=stable+grimoire&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED

We have 1080 of them, currently. Maybe now that we know about them, we
can bring that number down, mark fixed in lesser branch at least, or for
those who just want to help with easy stuff, you can go through stable
bugs that existed in the old stable and see if the new stable fixes them
(492 currently):

http://bugs.sourcemage.org/buglist.cgi?&product=Codex&product=Prometheus&version=stable+grimoire&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&long_desc_type=allwordssubstr&long_desc=existed+in+stable-0.3

You may ask why the new stable has more bugs than the old stable.

The new stable has fewer problems in important spells and more problems
in less maintained spells, in general. There are also a lot of new
spells that are not quite perfect that prometheus spotted. I hope to
fix that by running prometheus on the new test grimoire now, then
stable-rc after that. We could potentially have another stable release
in as little as a month to six weeks. I'm trying to speed up release
cycles to have less bitrot between releases.

Seth