sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Stage Root Testers

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "David Brown" <dmlb2000 AT gmail.com>
  • To: "SM Discuss" <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Stage Root Testers
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 09:21:08 -0600

On 6/12/06, David Brown <dmlb2000 AT gmail.com> wrote:
On 6/12/06, David Brown <dmlb2000 AT gmail.com> wrote:
> Okay I'm going to interpret the overwhelming silence from the alpha
> testers that everything was a success and nothing should be changed (I
> should be a politician). I've gotten verbal confermation from Andrew
> that stage root is very close to getting into devel, so if anyone has
> anything they want to change before stage root sorcery breaks
> everything they have (joke) let me know soon.
>
> However, seriously I'd like to have some feed back from regular
> developers about this, if you can help please try it out...
>
> 1) add stage_root grimoire from perforce //sgl/grimoires/stage_root
> and make sure stage_root is above test/stable-rc/stable grimoire
> 2) get stage-root sorcery
> a) git-clone http://scm.sourcemage.org/smgl/sorcery.git
> b) cd sorcery && git-checkout devel-stage-root && ./install
> c) sorcery system-update

Oopse s/system-update/upgrade/g
you shouldn't update sorcery unless you install it directly from the git repo
and make sure you localize the stage_root grimoire so it won't get
updated by sorcery either

Okay after talking with Andrew about the steps and since I fogot about
the gcc spells also in stage_root grimoire the new steps for setting
up and using stage-root sorcery is as follows...

cmd) git-clone http://scm.sourcemage.org/smgl/sorcery.git &&
cd sorcery &&
git-checkout devel-stage-root &&
./install
3) get installwatch up to version 7 and hold it so it won't update
cmd) cast -c installwatch &&
sorcery hold installwatch
4) remove or shadow stage_root grimoire so nothing else will get updated
cmd) scribe remove stage_root (or swap it with test so that it's no
longer on top)

Then continue using your systems normally...