sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Constantly overwritten config files

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Juuso Alasuutari <iuso AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Constantly overwritten config files
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 21:18:45 +0300

Some programs overwrite existing config files on each install with the
default
config, for instance ifplugd does that. I asked its author if he could change
this behavior, but he replied that most distros already handle it in their
own way, and deviating from the present status quo would only stir things up.

We implement a crude hack around a similar problem in kdebase, but I'm
reluctant to apply that solution to ifplugd. Do we have any standard
procedure one could follow in these cases?

--
Juuso Alasuutari
[[ Source Mage GNU/Linux ]]