sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Stage Root Testers

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Thomas Orgis <thomas-forum AT orgis.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Stage Root Testers
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 15:03:44 +0200

Am Mon, 12 Jun 2006 21:30:16 -0700
schrieb "David Brown" <dmlb2000 AT gmail.com>:

> > anything they want to change before stage root sorcery breaks
> > everything they have (joke) let me know soon.

Hm, I'm not joking... I just followed your instructions and let the sorcery
-g run in background (promt delay 0).
I glimped at the log and there seems to be quite a confusion about the fact
that there is no gcc anymore:

thomas@tpc-a:~$ ls -l /usr/bin/gcc*
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 7 2006-06-13 15:43 /usr/bin/gcc -> gcc-4.0

(note that gcc-4.0 is _not_ there)

The install log makes me ... eeeek!

rm: cannot remove `Desktop': Is a directory
rm: cannot remove `Desktop': Is a directory
rm: cannot remove `OperaDownloads': Is a directory
rm: cannot remove `OperaDownloads': Is a directory
rm: cannot remove `nedit': Is a directory
rm: cannot remove `nedit/nedit-5.5': Is a directory
rm: cannot remove `nedit/nedit-5.5/doc': Is a directory

That are directories in ~root! Took a look: Yes.. there is no file besides
hidden ones and directories left. At least I didn't have something
_personally_ important there, but I guess some casting logs are gone now.

I don't have time now, but I will investigate this lot in the evening (or
night, meaning 5/6 hours from now) .
Maybe I've done something wrong... I should consider virtual machines - dunno
if the SMGL install on that box will survive that attack.
One hint: Did anyone else use tmpfs for testing this? I did.

Well that's for now, more to follow,

Thomas.

--
Thomas Orgis - Source Mage GNU/Linux Developer (http://www.sourcemage.org)