sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] scm next steps

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jeremy Blosser <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] scm next steps
  • Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 11:03:47 -0500

On May 22, Andra?? ruskie Levstik [ruskie AT mages.ath.cx] wrote:
> Jeremy Blosser wrote :
>
> > It had an issue with some missing plugin for the default 'trac' theme it
> > tried to use, I switched it to the 'basic' one or whatever in the name of
> > getting it up for now so I could move on to hg and other stuff. I'm not
> > really worried about how it looks during the eval.
> >
> > However, there's definitely a functionality difference on yours... your
> > links to files don't include the ?rev=<n> arg, compare the links to files
> > on:
> >
> > http://mages.ath.cx:9090/viewsvn/index.pl/grimoires/browse/trunk/test/
> >
> > vs:
> >
> > http://scmweb.sourcemage.org/smgl/grimoire.svk/browse/stable/0.3/
> >
> > Any idea if that was something you configured? I kind of doubt that's the
> > theme, but maybe it is...
>
> I didn't configure it I belive it's the theme. I t does have some
> probs here and there. You can always try openvc which is basicaly
> what opencvs used to be. But if you want I can tarball my viewsvn dir and
> send
> it over. I know I had to do some fixup of the code as something didn't like
> me very well...

Thanks for reminding me of viewvc, I forgot they added svn support. That's
got a lot more features and scales a lot better. The new URL for the svk
scmweb is:

http://scmweb.sourcemage.org/viewvc.cgi

Whenever we end up with final scms I plan to get the scmweb URLs down to
the same format the scm URLs use, so eg:
ssh://scm.sourcemage.org/smgl/grimoire
will have a web frontend at:
http://scmweb.sourcemage.org/smgl/grimoire

but with this many systems installed on top of each other that's getting
overly tricky for right now. So these URLs will change eventually, though
we may leave aliases.