sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] scm next steps

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Sergey A. Lipnevich" <sergey AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] scm next steps
  • Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 14:21:38 -0400

Jeremy Blosser (emrys) wrote:
> Does anyone know a better svn repo browser than svnweb? This seems pretty
> limited in functionality. And it's not very bright about what it lists...
> if you click on a filename, you get back a list of every file that was
> changed in the revision that last changed that file, and then the acual
> file contents you asked for. This means that for a lot of these files that
> haven't changed since their initial import, you have to wait for a list of
> every file in the repo to load. In other words, it scales about as well as
> svn does. Some of these pages are like 4-5MB in size. #svk told me this
> is the one to use though, and it looks like svk uses it themselves (though
> theirs is down right now).

I don't know how practical that is but the only Web interface for
Subversion I know that can diff branches and tags with trunk is Trac
0.10 (in development, but our spell can install latest code). All other
other modules (wiki etc.) can be disabled, and it can run as fastcgi
process so the load is less then for cgi.

Sergey.