sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] wiki bio pages

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jeremy Blosser <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] wiki bio pages
  • Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 09:54:24 -0500

On May 16, Jason Flatt [jflatt AT sourcemage.org] wrote:
> On Tuesday 16 May 2006 07:02, Eric Sandall wrote:
> > Jason Flatt wrote:
> > >
> > > I think it's important that the Drupal profile be linked as well, since
> > > different information is shown there. I was going to try to come up with
> > > an aesthetically pleasing way of getting both the Drupal profile and the
> > > Wiki bio listed for each developer, but I haven't had an opportunity to
> > > get into it, yet.
> >
> > Should we link the Drupal profile from the wiki page? Or add an entry
> > for the wiki page to the Drupal profile?
> >
> > -sandalle
>
> I think if these were my only two options, I would choose the latter. It
> seems odd to go from Drupal to the Wiki and back to Drupal.

I don't want these to get buried to the profile page, they're much more
importan info IMO.

> I was actually going to see if I could find a way to have both links on
> the developers page.

We'd have more space on the developer page and the site in general if we
got rid of the third column. Can we move those things to the bottom of the
first column? Some of the things over there now are less important; I
don't know how much the "who's online/who's new" really matters for the way
we use our site. Quite a lot of the links in the "logged in" section
probably don't mean much to most people, either.