sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Patches in grimoires

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jaka Kranjc <lynx AT mages.ath.cx>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Patches in grimoires
  • Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 19:15:40 +0200

Me, I like the KISS principle. I don't see how half of this is needed. It
also
has a lot in common with the aforementioned complex libpatch thing and should
be either separated from it or evolve into an improved one.

patches/ for autopatching sounds simple. If one of these rare
dependency-needing cases comes up, there should just be a way (file? thinking
of DOWNLOAD) to bypass it and it's done. Back at libpatch again ...

--
We cannot command nature except by obeying her. --Sir Francis Bacon