sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] policy docs, developer lists, jargon, oh my

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jeremy Blosser <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] policy docs, developer lists, jargon, oh my
  • Date: Sun, 7 May 2006 00:18:49 -0500

On May 06, Eric Sandall [eric AT sandall.us] wrote:
> Jeremy Blosser (emrys) wrote:
> > To pull a few of these threads into one...
> <snip>
> > To resolve that question and get on with things, I'm suggesting we add a
> > few more cloaks/title so that basically each component has a general
> > developer and a lead developer title available, and then we can say that
> > you can be listed on the developer page and cloaked using whichever title
> > you want from among the components you have access to. Karsten can
> > basically manage our cloaks for us now (and is one of the ones asking for
> > this ;P) so it shouldn't be an issue with freenode. Proposed cloaks:
>
> I would propose the two following changes:
>
> > general dev lead dev
> > ----------- --------
> > generic : mage -> elder
> >
> > cauldron : wizard -> warlock
> > grimoire : guru -> ??? sage?
> archwizard
> > sorcery : wizard -> warlock
> > tome : ??? scribe? -> ??? bard?
> sage
>
> Sage usually holds knowledge for others to reference/ask about, which
> would fit more the Tome Team (documentation, website, forums, etc.) to
> me. :)

Yeah, makes sense, Jason what do you think?

> Archwizard just sounds cool (and I wanted to use sage for Tome ;)).
> <snip>

I was going to suggest just 'arch' to keep it shorter and be less likely
to confuse people with the similarity to 'wizard', but what about 'archon'
instead (yes, it's more Greek and less D&D, but where in D&D did 'guru'
come from anyway)? Arwed, do you have any thoughts?