sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Results for Organization Policy vote

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: George sherwood <pilot AT beernabeer.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Results for Organization Policy vote
  • Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 14:17:55 -0400

On Fri, 5 May 2006 13:06:59 -0500
"Jeremy Blosser (emrys)" <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org> wrote:

> I know Eric is busy with finals, so as APL I'm calling for a vote on
> the below amendment, as a more specific version of the suggested
> amendment proposed earlier today.
>
> Per the new policy[0], Leads should reply to the ML with signed +/- 1
> or 0 votes. Other developers may vote as well, but only Lead votes
> are binding. The vote will last until 1PM CDT May 12th, or until a
> majority approves or rejects it, whichever comes first. This vote
> affects the voting policy, so any lead or other developer can move
> for a veto at the end of the vote, regardless of the results.
>
> [0] - Not yet on the web site, but we're working on having it there
> today.

Is there some reason this has to be done so quickly? We only found out
the results of the Organization Policy yesterday and now this. We
haven't figured out what is a lead developer IAW with the new policy, so
now only the leads under the old policy have counted votes. Not sure
this is a great way to start the new organization. I don't see the
reason for rushing this vote.

George

--
George Sherwood