sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] gcc parallel vs. /opt install

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Damien Mascord <tusker AT tusker.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] gcc parallel vs. /opt install
  • Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 09:45:57 +0800

</snip>

> I'm tired of writing so if you'd like to add your own experiences or
> fun with gcc installs please feel free to reply ;)
>
> - David Brown

Hi David,

I would like to add that software that makes use of a particular gcc version
way of compiling, such as qemu, would enable it to be
compiled with gcc-3.4, and the kernel, and most other things compiled with
gcc-4.0/4.1.

If you can figure out a way to implement this, as an "end-user" I'm all for
it!

Cheers,

Damien