sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] [Cauldron] 0.9.6-rc2 released for x86 and ppc

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Jeremy Blosser (emrys)" <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] [Cauldron] 0.9.6-rc2 released for x86 and ppc
  • Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 22:09:03 -0600

On Mar 05, Karsten Behrmann [BearPerson AT gmx.net] wrote:
> Hi all!
> 0.9.6-rc1 has been out for a while, not a lot of bugs have been reported
> against it. Nevertheless, we released an 0.9.6-rc2 with a few minor fixes.
> They are:
> - Swapfile was not entered into the fstab installed to the system. Fixed.
> - ppc bootloader installation did not run mkofboot. Fixed.
>
> The ISOs are available from
> http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/sourcemage/iso/x86/0.9.6/smgl-0.9.6-i486-rc2.iso.bz2
> http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/sourcemage/iso/ppc/0.9.6/smgl-0.9.6-ppc-rc2.iso.bz2
> with md5sums alongside them.
>
> Please test them, if no severe bugs are reported against them we will
> release this version as 0.9.6. The ppc version is especially in need of
> testing.

I did one last night on the spare laptop. I was surprised and impressed by
how much polish you guys added since last time, I wasn't expecting that.

I don't have any new bugs to report at this time. I did close most of the
ones I opened during 0.9.5 that were targeted at 0.9.6, because they're
fixed now. I will try to get another one or two installs done under xen.

Looks good!