sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Qt 4.1.1 Update

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: George Sherwood <pilot AT beernabeer.com>
  • To: SM Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Qt 4.1.1 Update
  • Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 18:36:27 -0500

Just want to give a short update on qt 4.1.1. I reworked the spell
that was in devel to install along side of qt 3.3.5. As far as I can
tell it works. I was able to build psi 0.11-beta1 and all of its
dependencies which require qt4. Those spells are now in devel also. I
was also able to still build the qt3 version of psi. Though the spell
probably needs some one else to take a look before moving to test. I
installed the binaries for qt4 in /usr/bin/qt4. They have the same
names as the binaries for qt3. The critical one is qmake. In order to
build a program that requires qt4, you have to mod the configure to
make sure it finds the qt4 version of qmake in /usr/bin/qt4. I did
this for qca2, qca-openssl and psi 0.11-beta1. I tried do to it using
PATH, but couldn't get it to work and ended up using a sedit on the
configure file. Not sure if there is a better way or not. At least the
three spells check for qt4 in the same way. Qt4 doesn't use QTDIR any
more like qt3.

That is about all that I know about it. I am sure it needs much more
testing.

George Sherwood