sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Qt 4.1.1 Update

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: George Sherwood <pilot AT beernabeer.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Qt 4.1.1 Update
  • Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 20:26:47 -0500

On Fri, 3 Mar 2006 16:27:08 -0800 (PST)
Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us> wrote:

> Can we suffix the same-named files with '4' (e.g. qmake4)? Then we
> won't have subdirectories in /usr/bin, but will still have to modify
> packages to find the files.

It will take some one that knows much more about building qt
programs then me. Seems like it will be more difficult since I am only
telling config where to find the correct file. I am not sure where and
how many times qmake is called during the build process.

I saw some forum messages where people where calling a script prior to
building a qt4 program and changing the names of all the binaries
depending on what version they wanted to use to build. This didn't seem
like such a great idea to me since you would be all changing names in
the /usr/bin directory directly from a spell.

George Sherwood