sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Qt 4.1.1 Update

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: George Sherwood <pilot AT beernabeer.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Qt 4.1.1 Update
  • Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 17:58:20 -0500

On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 22:51:59 +0100
"Andrew \"ruskie\" Levstik" <ruskie AT mages.ath.cx> wrote:

> As far as trolltoch is concerned it is fixed...
> Install each ALL QT into /usr/lib/qt$MAJORVORSION and symlink to
> /usr/lib/qt
>
> The ALL part goes against FHS. So I think maybe we should start
> putting it to /opt completly... this makes it possible to have both
> installed and switching in MOST spell via the QTDIR var...

I am not sure that will always work for qt4. From what I have read
trolltech is moving away from QTDIR and it might not always be
supported. Which qmake is found by the configure seems to determine
the version, though I tried doing it by path and it didn't work. With
qca2, qca-openssl and psi, I never could get it to work using QTDIR.
Had to sedit the configure file to make it find the correct qmake.

George Sherwood