sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] PERFORCE change 74345 by Sergey A. Lipnevich for review

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: SM Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] PERFORCE change 74345 by Sergey A. Lipnevich for review
  • Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 17:04:31 -0800

On Wed, Feb 08, 2006 at 04:23:39PM -0800, Eric Sandall wrote:

> On Wed, 8 Feb 2006, Sergey A. Lipnevich wrote:
> > David Kowis wrote:
> >> That's not included in the grimoire entry when you run a scribe update...
> >>
> > Perhaps this can be synthesized from relevant portions of update
> > manager's output.
>
> What portions of who's update? If you mean have our tarball creation
> figure out certain updates from a package's HISTORY file, that sounds
> like a lot more work (and more error prone) than asking our developers
> to add a one-line entry to ChangeLog when they add, move, or remove a
> spell.

He's refering to the automated update reports that are sent to sm-discuss
weekly. They include what spells have been added, moved, removed,
or modified automatically. The suggestion is to have it, or something like
it, make the changelog entries. I think it'd be worthwhile. The reason
the update manager exists is because nobody wanted to summarize their
week's work and send it off to the grimoire lead to make the
report. Besides, it was easy enough to write a script to do it, (took
me an afternoon).

The grimoire changelog seems to be the newer manifestation of the weekly
reports.

-Andrew

| Andrew D. Stitt | acedit at armory.com | astitt at sourcemage.org |
| irc: afrayedknot | Sorcery Team Lead | ftp://t.armory.com/ |
| 1024D/D39B096C | 76E4 728A 04EE 62B2 A09A 96D7 4D9E 239B D39B 096C |