sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] PERFORCE change 74345 by Sergey A. Lipnevich for review

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Arwed von Merkatz <v.merkatz AT gmx.net>
  • To: SM Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] PERFORCE change 74345 by Sergey A. Lipnevich for review
  • Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 20:44:12 +0100

On Wed, Feb 08, 2006 at 01:30:46PM -0600, David Kowis wrote:

> Sergey A. Lipnevich wrote:
> > Eric,
> >
> > I think you're not receiving my direct email so I have to reply on the
> > list. I believe this thing (Update Daemon) does records keeping much
> > better than I do, and rightfully so:
> > https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/sm-discuss/2006-February/013375.html
> > Don't you think?
> >

> That's not included in the grimoire entry when you run a scribe update...
> That's the reason for including it in the grimoire changelogs for spell
> removals or additions. I've also noticed that Eric's had to mention that
> quite often in the p4 commits list. We should have some official
> direction on this matter. Perhaps input from the Grimoire Lead? Forgive
> me if this is written somewhere...

It has been the policy for a while, but it's probably not written down
anywhere right now.

> Also, on a different subject, but related, I don't particularly like the
> layout of that thing. It's difficult to parse. Not mechanically, but for
> me mentally. Too much information and not organized in a sane format,
> IMHO. But again that's not what this is about, just me venting some steam :)

It's the standard ChangeLog format. I like it for the grimoires that are
always in flux like devel and test. Stable/stable-rc could have a more
streamlined version if someone would be willing to collect the info from
the test ChangeLog and create a simpler one whenever test is moved as a
whole to stable-rc.

http://www.sourcemage.org