sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] New general guru

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Jeremy Blosser (emrys)" <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] New general guru
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 22:31:57 -0600

On Jan 13, Jason Flatt [jflatt AT sourcemage.org] wrote:
> On Friday 13 January 2006 11:45, Eric Sandall wrote:
> > On Fri, 13 Jan 2006, Arwed von Merkatz wrote:
> > <snip>
> >
> > > I added him. Which one is the "official" developer page? This one or the
> > > one in the wiki[1]? The wrong one should be replaced by a link to the
> > > other.
> > >
> > > P.S: the one in drupal has awful layout for me, is that just me or can
> > > someone with more html skills make it look better?
> > >
> > > [1] http://wiki.sourcemage.org/The_Source_Mage_Developers
> >
> > The http://www.sourcemage.org/developers is the official page. I had
> > remove the wiki one[1] and made a link to the Drupal one before the
> > server went down. I'll go redo that.

I don't see a particular reason to remove the wiki one, given the policy
that the wiki is a place for everyone to edit things "bleeding edge" and
then leads move the finished things to drupal. That assumes most docs
exist both places.

> The reason the layout is so bad is because each section is setup in a
> separate table.

It's also because the style sheets set up in drupal right now completely
suck. Gratuitous padding, over specified fonts, and the like all over the
damn place. Having 3 columns on the page doesn't help either.