sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] ncurses 5.5 update

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Sergey A. Lipnevich" <sergey AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] ncurses 5.5 update
  • Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 15:21:17 -0400

You mention that ncurses was dispelled for some time. Your bash apparently worked during this same time. Maybe the problem is that my bash somehow links to ncurses while yours doesn't? I think my error can be easily reproduced by dispelling ncurses and then typing "bash<ENTER>" to start new bash process, but I can't test right now as I don't have access to development machine.

Jeremy Blosser (emrys) wrote:
casting ncurses failed as before. At that point ncurses was not in
/var/state/sorcery, because the failure happens after the dispel of the
previous version, during the install. Adding the above line back to
/var/state/sorcery and doing cast -c did work. ncurses 5.5 compiled and
installed fine.

No trace of the issue Sergey reported with bash getting broken, though...