sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] 0.9.5-test1 Release!

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Ladislav Hagara <ladislav.hagara AT unob.cz>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] 0.9.5-test1 Release!
  • Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 03:13:00 +0200

There's a new test ISO!
http://download.sourcemage.org/iso/testing/smgl-0.9.5-x86-2.6.13-nptl-test1.iso.bz2

Just tried. It works. :-)

Some jotting:

EDITOR setting shouldn't be in Native Language Support.
swap is not a filesystem. I would rename to "Format and/or mount filesystems and swap".
After Alt-F1, Alt-F2 some warning "dircolor: no SHELL variable" and the prompt is uselessly very long "root@sourcemage-install:/dev#". Why located in /dev/ directory?
sorcery-pubkeys should be required and gpg verification should be enabled.
I missing netconf after installation.

"sorcery update" works, only write "cannot remove /tmp/sorcery-restore" and prints strange Changelog history (it shouldn't, it is the same version).
"scribe update" prints very long Changelog history from 2003-08-18.

I missing link vi to vim (I choose EDITOR vim).
netconf and mc should be integrated from test grimoire. Generally stable-rc is quite stale. ;-(

"cast mc" didn't work due to autoconf (I didn't run sorcery rebuild). I had to "cast -c autoconf".

I would ged rid of iso version from /etc/issue (after installation).

--
Got yourself a ledger.sourcemage.org account?
http://ledger.sourcemage.org/

Ladislav Hagara
Source Mage GNU/Linux Developer