sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] New Assistant for the Project Lead

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: geekitus <geekitus AT gmail.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] New Assistant for the Project Lead
  • Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 10:59:08 +0200

> interested in helping to smooth rough edges so people can spend their time

i think that all dev need to continue to be realy happy to lost their free
time for sourcemage. And if there are more happy they will take more time to
help sourcemage :))

> getting things done instead of just rehashing the same discussions over all

yeah :) if all discuss could permit to have concretes things.. sometimes
discuss is not sufficient, and if you could say sometime "so to resume :
advantages: ... , disadvantage ... and so WHAT DO WE DO ! ?" ( i know, it's
not realy easy all time.. )

> the time. As afrayedknot has observed in the past, we have a habit of
> having long discussions that never turn into any actual decisions or code,
> and I will be trying to turn that into something more productive.

for ME, i don't speak a lot on the ML, because i don't know a lot on
sourcemage like rusky, afrayedknot or sandalle, but i read all posts all the
days, and sometimes, i agree also with afrayedknot (all discuss are not
productives), so if you can improve that :). Maybe it miss a person like you
, who say : "ok, if all has be discussed, now it's the time to take decision
and code".

1) Finding a way to let those who don't have time to sit in IRC be more
informed on what things are discussed there,

i agree with you , all people can't be all time behind irc, however they
would want to know all important things which are discussed in the irc. (it's
not really easy to do that, it need a person who report in a small resume the
"important things of the irc day")

> In addition I will be glad to be a developer advocate for developers on all
> teams... it's very important for our distro for you guys to be happy and
> able to get your work done in as satisfying a way as possible.

yeah ! our dev need to be happy to do a lot of good work :)) and if anyone
have a problem with another dev or if it has another problem, it need to be
solved ! you will be like our psycologist :))

> let me know if you have comments or suggestions for improvements. I know

it seems that you are really motivate , and if you can solve problem and can
do more happy the sourcemage dev , so :)))

Geekitus