sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] GCC 4 and OpenSSL 0.9.8 in test?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Sergey A. Lipnevich" <sergey AT optimaltec.com>
  • To: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] GCC 4 and OpenSSL 0.9.8 in test?
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 12:33:15 -0400

Quoting Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>:

If possible I'd rather have David Brown's gcc changes[0] in along with
this, once he's done testing them and if Arwed approves. ;)

I'd rather not deal with that right now, sorry. Merging stuff from devel/gnu
into test/gnu is non-trivial already because they lived separate lives for a
while. I'm done with the merge itself, and testing this stuff right now... I
can't test it for all scenarios right away, and I can't test gnats because it
doesn't work on amd64.

If those changes are a no-go or we'd rather put them into devel
/after/ the current gcc 4.0 goes to test I'm fine with that as well. I
/would/ like some (I'll have one of my chroots do this) testing of a
current gcc 3.4 -> gcc 4.0 system update.

I'd prefer this plan.

Sergey.