sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] create_account & create_group placement

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Seth Alan Woolley <seth AT positivism.org>
  • To: "Sergey A. Lipnevich" <sergey AT optimaltec.com>
  • Cc: SM Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] create_account & create_group placement
  • Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 13:38:32 -0700

Well, yeah, in a business environment, you're best never to allow
deleting of anything non-transient, period. (Also, data's most of the
time worth more money than the harddrive space).

I just think the "option" to be able to keep your system clean would be
nice for somebody who desired it (along with deleting an account would
be the option to delete their home directory and/or any data associated
their user.)

I'm not opposed to the ACCOUNT variable with a sane syntax "user:group"
perhaps similar to chown's syntax. I await the sorcery team's input on
whether or not they think this is warranted in their judgement (and the
ensuing discussion). Ultimately they get yes/no rights on what goes in
or not.

Seth