sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] init.d problems in devel

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Andrew \"ruskie\" Levstik" <ruskie AT mages.ath.cx>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] init.d problems in devel
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 12:46:32 +0200

> often the logger). I'm also thinking perhaps we can add another field
> to fstab to let the system know which filesystems are required for
> continued booting. Everybody hates it when a fs fails and it's not
> really needed to boot but it croaks the whole boot process.
>
> Anything to make boot more graceful/intelligent is better, I think, as
> there's been a historical lack of creativity wth the fsck process in
> unix/linux as far as I'm aware, and it really needs some help, at least
> the linux fsck.

Hmmm as long as we're in the proccess of acctually thinking of adding
fiedls to fstab I was thinking if it would be possible to add some other
field with an explicit command to add a fs thus making meta filesystems
like copyfs and shfs and other being able to be mounted automaticaly as well.

--
Andrew "ruskie" Levstik

http://ruskie.dtdm.org/blog/