sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] init.d problems in devel

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Sergey A. Lipnevich" <sergey AT optimaltec.com>
  • To: Seth Alan Woolley <seth AT positivism.org>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] init.d problems in devel
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 14:21:53 -0400

So what you're saying is that with `-a' fsck is not as good as with
`-n', at least for ext file system? I don't use ext{2,3} and I don't
remember being in a situation where I actually needed fsck to run with
any other settings except default, even after power outage or forced
power-off to restart a frozen machine. I'd vote for SOFTFIX=yes being a
default.
Thanks!

Sergey.