sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Kernel Module Spells: information and questions

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "David Michael Leo Brown Jr." <dmlb2000 AT excite.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Kernel Module Spells: information and questions
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 12:56:18 -0400 (EDT)

>Perhaps use /usr/src/linux-$(get_kernel_version)/.config. Not everyone
>will enable /proc/config.gz. Of course, get_kernel_version is somewhat
>assuming that we're running the last kernel we compiled. :)
>
>-sandalle

Well there would have to be existence checks for each of the configs and like
ruskie said we could do some logic to compare against the current running
kernel
or use the one sorcery says is installed.

Also, maybe there should be two functions one that is more taylored toward
spells
that are linux triggers and one that is not. The priority for checking config
files would be different for the two functions.

- David Brown

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com