sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Kernel Module Spells: information and questions

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Mads Laursen <smgl AT dossen.dk>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Kernel Module Spells: information and questions
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 11:42:36 +0200

Just my small change:
On 10/06/05 19.29, David Michael Leo Brown Jr. wrote:
[snip]
> 2) Changing spells to compile against the kernel specified by sorcery

Good idea. It would also be nice, if one could leave the modules for older
kernels around, if it is not already so.

> 3) Spells that require parts of the kernel to be built
> /proc/config.gz

If we are building against the running kernel and /proc/config.gz is around,
I would think it is the best source. When we are compiling against another
kernel, it is not really of any use, unless it can be dug out of the kernel
image. In the second case, some sensible searchorder for the config files
will be needed.

/dossen
--
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen.
-- Albert Einstein