sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Sorcery not doing "cd" between BUILD and INSTALL

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Sorcery not doing "cd" between BUILD and INSTALL
  • Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 14:40:05 -0700

On Fri, May 13, 2005 at 05:08:27PM -0400, Sergey A. Lipnevich wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Sorcery changes to SOURCE_DIRECTORY before calling BUILD but doesn't do that
> before INSTALL. Is this desired behavior? I'd prefer to assume that BUILD
> and
> INSTALL (as well as POST_INSTALL I guess) where executed from the directory
> in
> SOURCE_DIRECTORY. What do you guys think?

The behavior has never formally been defined so far as I know. By
default it is whatever the spell set it to previously. If we
impose a new behavior as suggested it will break a number of spells that
have either knowingly or unknowingly depended on a previous file to set
the cwd.

Note however that default_post_install (apparently for historical reasons)
cd's to /.

-Andrew

|Andrew D. Stitt | astitt at sourcemage.org |
|irc: afrayedknot | afrayedknot at t.armory.com |
|aim: thefrayedknot or iteratorplusplus | acedit at armory.com |
|Sorcery Team Lead | ftp://t.armory.com/ |