sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Being about choice is knowing where to stop

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Seth Alan Woolley <seth AT positivism.org>
  • To: "Sergey A. Lipnevich" <sergey AT optimaltec.com>
  • Cc: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Being about choice is knowing where to stop
  • Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 13:16:31 -0700

On Thu, May 12, 2005 at 04:11:53PM -0400, Sergey A. Lipnevich wrote:
> Quoting Seth Alan Woolley <seth AT positivism.org>:
>
> >>On the other hand, I was on a number of occasions interested in what
> >>exactly are CFLAGS and configure options fed into the build, but alas,
> >>there's no way to know this in general, especially for non-configure
> >>spells; we don't retain or manage this information.
> >
> >It's in three places: the global depends store, global defaults, and the
> >local persistence store.
>
> There's also BUILD files where OPTS and CFLAGS are modified sometimes.
> It's not
> rare.

gaze BUILD <spell> ;)

I thought you wanted to see the stuff you had entered in yourself at the
prompts.

Seth

Key id 00BA3AF3 = 8BE0 A72E A47E A92A 0737 F2FF 7A3F 6D3C 00BA 3AF3
Quality Assurance Team Leader; Security Team Member, Leader Emeritus
Linux so advanced, it may as well be magic http://www.sourcemage.org
Elected Coordinating Committee Member, Secretary, and Finances Chair
Pacific Green Party of Oregon - Peace - http://www.pacificgreens.org