sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Quality Assurance Team and Security Team Leader openings.

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Andrew \"ruskie\" Levstik" <ruskie AT mages.ath.cx>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Quality Assurance Team and Security Team Leader openings.
  • Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 09:35:34 +0200

Thomas Houssin wrote :

> PGP verify signed message
> gpg: Signature made pet 08 apr 2005 08:59:40 CEST using DSA key ID 42404C36
> gpg: Good signature from "Thomas Houssin <Thomas.Houssin AT gmail.com>"
> gpg: aka "Thomas Houssin <Thomas.Houssin AT int-evry.fr>"
> gpg: There is no indication that the signature belongs to the
> owner.
> Primary key fingerprint: 3CB8 3FC4 840D B272 E623 BCB8 54DB F4E3 4240 4C36
> PGP verification success
>

> Eric Sandall wrote:
> > Shall we initiate a vote for the new Security Team Leader then? The
> following
> > people have been nominated, can we get seconds on any of them and then
> > I'll
> > start the vote later this week:
> > Thomas Houssin
> >
> > Any other nominations before the voting starts?
> >
> > Keep in mind our Voting Rules[0]. ;)
> >
> > -sandalle
> >
> > [0] http://wiki.sourcemage.org/index.php?page=Team+Lead+Voting+Process
> >

> OK then a few words about me : my name's Thomas, 23. I'm french,
> currently finishing my studies (computer and network, major security).
> The security field I'll work on are the one Seth described (mostly
> security updates, security-related areas in Sorcery,...).
>
> I also would like to start a hardened SM project (we talked about this
> idea a few days ago) : adding additional options/spells to the distro to
> use the various patches and programs improving security, for example to
> prevent buffer overflow attacks or add ACL support, and document them.
> About documentations, I'd like also to begin some kind of guide to
> describe steps and programs config to have a secure base install (PAM,
> which Arjan already volunteered to write on ;) , iptables, ...).
>
> Cheers,
> Thomas

IF you pull it off you've got my vote :)

--
Andrew "ruskie" Levstik

For all the knowledge... || URL: http://ruskie.pixelcarnage.com
I will prevail... || ICQ: 321223361
If I fail nothing is left... || MSN: ruskie_0 AT yahoo.co.uk
All is lost... || Jabber: ruskie AT jabber.org
Never to be seen again... || Yahoo!: ruskie_0
Nevermore... || URL2: http://ruskie.dtdm.org

EtPan! - nicest email client I have seen -
http://libetpan.sourceforge.net/etpan

Key ID = 32FE2034
Key fingerprint = EF36 041B E2A5 4E6F 7B3E 6B45 C0F2 E234 32FE 2034