sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Quality Assurance Team and Security Team Leader openings.

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Thomas Houssin <thomas.houssin AT gmail.com>
  • To: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Quality Assurance Team and Security Team Leader openings.
  • Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 08:59:13 +0200

Eric Sandall wrote:
> Shall we initiate a vote for the new Security Team Leader then? The
> following
> people have been nominated, can we get seconds on any of them and then I'll
> start the vote later this week:
> Thomas Houssin
>
> Any other nominations before the voting starts?
>
> Keep in mind our Voting Rules[0]. ;)
>
> -sandalle
>
> [0] http://wiki.sourcemage.org/index.php?page=Team+Lead+Voting+Process

OK then a few words about me : my name's Thomas, 23. I'm french,
currently finishing my studies (computer and network, major security).
The security field I'll work on are the one Seth described (mostly
security updates, security-related areas in Sorcery,...).

I also would like to start a hardened SM project (we talked about this
idea a few days ago) : adding additional options/spells to the distro to
use the various patches and programs improving security, for example to
prevent buffer overflow attacks or add ACL support, and document them.
About documentations, I'd like also to begin some kind of guide to
describe steps and programs config to have a secure base install (PAM,
which Arjan already volunteered to write on ;) , iptables, ...).

Cheers,
Thomas

--
Thomas Houssin

Key ID = 42404C36
Key fingerprint = 3CB8 3FC4 840D B272 E623 BCB8 54DB F4E3 4240 4C36
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x42404C36