sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] alternative grimoire layout

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] alternative grimoire layout
  • Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 09:29:02 -0700

On Tue, Apr 05, 2005 at 03:26:08PM +0200, Ladislav Hagara wrote:
> >We add a new KEYWORDS variable to DETAILS that contains all the keywords
> >that apply to this spell. There will be an official list of keywords that
> >spells can use, no spell should use any other keyword.
>

> Really good for searching.
> On the other side we could only extend PROVIDES [1].
> gaze provides X11-TERMINAL, gaze provides CONSOLE-EDITOR, gaze provides
> FTP-SERVER, SSH-SERVER, ...
> BTW, "gaze list-provides" or better only "gaze provides" could print all
> "PROVIDES".

We already have gaze providers
$ gaze provides X11-SERVER
X11-SERVER:
xdirectfb
xfree86
xfree86-4.3
xfree86-devel
xorg
xserver

It however doesnt print all the providers if given no parameters.

|Andrew D. Stitt | astitt at sourcemage.org |
|irc: afrayedknot | afrayedknot at t.armory.com |
|aim: thefrayedknot or iteratorplusplus | acedit at armory.com |
|Sorcery Team Lead | ftp://t.armory.com/ |