sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] what to do with Mozilla's Bit Rot (was: Fixing Firefox's "find in page")

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Arjan Bouter <abouter AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] what to do with Mozilla's Bit Rot (was: Fixing Firefox's "find in page")
  • Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 10:45:50 +0100

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 15:34:54 -0600
Jeremy Blosser <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org> wrote:

> On Mar 02, Jeremy Blosser [jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org] wrote:
> > Re-enabling optimizations still works. I suspect the problem is that we
> > had this:
> >
> > THUNDERBIRD_EXTENSIONS="wallet,spellcheck,xmlextras" &&
> > ./configure ... \
> > --enable-extensions=$THUNDERBIRD_EXTENSIONS \
> > --enable-extensions \
> >
> > So probably it's like the problem with firefox, where the default
> > --enable-extensions isn't safe to use (bit rot). I'm doing another test
> > build now that just uses the mozconfig --enable-extensions and should be
> > "how we want it". If it works I'll submit it and we can consider moving
> > it
> > to test as well.
>
> Confirmed & submitted to devel. Can some of you test this with the various
> build options? If this solves it overall we
> can remove the WIP and get this into test.

I've build thunderbird with the enigmail option enabled, and it worked fine.
I've got one question however:
TBird installs this file, /usr/bin/defaults/profile/prefs.js
Is that correct? or should it go into /usr/lib/thunderbird-1.0 somewhere?
Also, it looks like a config file, shouldn't it be added to configs and/or
volatiles? to prevent cleanse triggering a rebuild if it changes?

Just my 2 cents ;)
Arjan (abouter)

+=======
Source Mage GNU/Linux developer,
Linux so advanced, it may as well be magic.
http://www.sourcemage.org

Registered as user #310617 with the Linux Counter,
http://counter.li.org.

GnuPG Key 79D4B14E = 94AD 3FD1 E259 67ED 632E 2B06 CFBE 1154 79D4 B14E
+===