sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] ISO generation [back on-topic]

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "David Kowis" <dkowis AT shlrm.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] ISO generation [back on-topic]
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 07:20:16 -0600 (CST)

<quote who="Karsten Behrmann">
>> The installer script is the script with smgl.install et. al.? Why do
>> the installer scripts need to be "installed"?
> The install scripts need to be put on the ISO by the scripts.
> There are three possibilities for this:
> 1. Manually copy every file of it onto the ISO tree
> 2. putting the smgl.install et al into the skeleton in the places they go
> 3. making a spell of smgl.install et al that has a cache and can thus be
> put on the ISO as any other spell.
>
> I would favorize 2. but that would mean that development on smgl.install
> et al has to be done in the skeleton instead of in a seperate dir,
> something I personally think makes sense, but other people might have
> other opinions. As David is the one who will probably be doing that
> most in the near future, maybe he should decide.
I was just going to write a script that will "install" it when the ISO is
being generated. Then whichever ISOGen script we go with can just call
mine at the right point and all the installer stuff gets put where it's
supposed to be. Then I can keep the installer stuff where it's supposed to
be, and it can merge seamlessly with the rest of the ISO.

--
One login to rule them all, one login to find them. One login to bring
them all, and in the web bind them.