sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] ISO generation

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] ISO generation
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 09:27:04 -0800

> We need a full depends file even though not all the spells in it are
> installed, so we need to hack libdispel, for example, not to reap depends
> info.
File a bug, i can add a silly option to dispel to do this for you

> Furthermore, as the "openssl required by irssi" bug showed, extra care has
> to be taken to check for unneccessary depends. And even if you say "n"
> in spell config, an overly assy ./configure might detect some lib
> being installed and include it.
dufflebunk wrote a script (for prometheus actually) that looks at the
library dependencies of a spell and makes sure that those depends match
the depends db.

-Andrew

|Andrew D. Stitt | astitt at sourcemage.org |
|irc: afrayedknot | afrayedknot at t.armory.com |
|aim: thefrayedknot or iteratorplusplus | acedit at armory.com |
|Sorcery Team Lead | ftp://t.armory.com/ |