sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Call for website input

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Pierre-François Gomez <pf.gomez AT free.fr>
  • To: sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Call for website input
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 21:59:06 +0100

Hello,

Adam Clark <adamsgl AT dhbit.ca> writes:

> If you have a couple of seconds, please drop a reply back to this
> thread letting me/us know what your 2 favourite distro websites are,
> and why. Whether you like the colors, the layout of the menus, the
> presentation of the content, easy to navigate, whatever, I'd like to
> know what you think.

I love the website of the ArchLinux distribution :

http://www.archlinux.org

It does a great job at summarizing the information i need when i visit
such a site, IMHO :
- packages recent updates (ie: community's activity, or "alive meter")
- search box
- links to changelog, download, wiki, mailing list archives
- news

A side note : is there an rss feed for the "recent changes" page of the
wiki ? If not, did you plan to add it yet ? Or would you consider it
? It would be of great help in tracking wiki-spam...

HTH

-- Pierre-François Gomez