sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Call for website input

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Arjan Bouter <abouter AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Call for website input
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 00:43:51 +0100

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 21:59:06 +0100
Pierre-François Gomez <pf.gomez AT free.fr> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Adam Clark <adamsgl AT dhbit.ca> writes:
>
> > If you have a couple of seconds, please drop a reply back to this
> > thread letting me/us know what your 2 favourite distro websites are,
> > and why. Whether you like the colors, the layout of the menus, the
> > presentation of the content, easy to navigate, whatever, I'd like to
> > know what you think.
>
> I love the website of the ArchLinux distribution :
>
> http://www.archlinux.org
>
> It does a great job at summarizing the information i need when i visit
> such a site, IMHO :
> - packages recent updates (ie: community's activity, or "alive meter")
> - search box
> - links to changelog, download, wiki, mailing list archives
> - news
>
> A side note : is there an rss feed for the "recent changes" page of the
> wiki ? If not, did you plan to add it yet ? Or would you consider it
> ? It would be of great help in tracking wiki-spam...

I like this idea,
not only to track wiki spam, but also the usefull changes :)
The wiki is getting kinda big to browse around for changes/additions...

Arjan

> HTH
>
> -- Pierre-François Gomez

+=======
Source Mage GNU/Linux developer,
Linux so advanced, it may as well be magic.
http://www.sourcemage.org

GPG key-ID = 79D4B14E
Fingerprint = 94AD 3FD1 E259 67ED 632E 2B06 CFBE 1154 79D4 B14E

Registered as user #310617 with the Linux Counter,
http://counter.li.org.
+===
+=======