sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Question about passwords in spells

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jackson Alley <toomanymirrors AT gmail.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Question about passwords in spells
  • Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 08:58:46 -0500

I am definitly running as root when I cast -c openssh, and I just tried a
cast -r -c shadow but I am useing PAM. The thing is it doesn't need the root
password, infact I've just been leaving it blank, but notice the groupadd and
useradd errors below. I don't think I changed any PAM settings and like I
said it doesn't fail, so it's not the end of the world, just sits wainting on
a return which as of late can be a long time coming. I also tried a chmod -x
/etc/pam.d/useradd but no effect. Thanks,
Jackson

[08:44:51]toomanymirrors: ~ # cast -c openssh
Computing previously installed dependencies...
openssh preparing environment...
openssh checking dependencies...
openssh depends on zlib
openssh depends on openssl
openssh optionally depends on tcp_wrappers
openssh optionally depends on Linux-PAM
openssh optionally depends on krb5
zlib No work to do.
openssl No work to do.
tcp_wrappers No work to do.
Linux-PAM No work to do.
Collating dependencies...
Spells are to be cast:
---------------------------
openssh

Do you want to cast these spells? [y]

make: Circular cups <- espgs dependency dropped.
make: Circular samba <- cups dependency dropped.
make: Circular tk <- xorg dependency dropped.
make: Circular gtk+ <- xorg dependency dropped.
Found source file openssh-3.9p1.tar.gz for spell openssh in /var/spool/sorcery
Waiting for any Solo casts to complete...
Waiting for any other casts of openssh to complete... done.
Building openssh
Unpacking source file openssh-3.9p1.tar.gz for spell openssh.
Do you wish to add -- options to ./configure? [n]

Using gcc version: 3.3.3
Installing in dir: /usr/src/openssh-3.9p1
openssh 3.9p1
Password:
groupadd: PAM authentication failed
useradd: user sshd exists
The user name sshd already exists, so continuing...