sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Is it possible to pause sorcery or cast?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Rohan Nicholls <rohan.nicholls AT pareto.nl>
  • To: sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Is it possible to pause sorcery or cast?
  • Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 17:18:04 +0200

Eric Schabell wrote:
If you have an install queue (you're doing a system-update or cast
--queue, etc.) then the queue should have things removed as you go
(although i may be wrong). If thats the case then recasting --queue
will only cast the things that are left.

This is true, I put that in long ago for the queue casting. So if you
run 'sorcery queue', followed by 'cast --queue' (or any higher command
that has these steps in there) it will remove successful as you go and
let you know what is still in the queue (check
/var/log/sorcery/queue/install).

This is great. Answers my question.

Thanks for all the feedback, I have a much better idea of what is going on now.

Rohan