sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Is it possible to pause sorcery or cast?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Robert Helgesson" <rycee AT home.se>
  • To: sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Is it possible to pause sorcery or cast?
  • Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 12:03:03 +0200

On Wed, Aug 04, 2004 at 11:37:07 +0200, Rohan Nicholls wrote:
> I understand that killing the process while compiling is a bad idea, but
> does it mess up the queue or internal housekeeping to stop cast when it
> is asking you questions? ie. before it starts installing a new
> package. And if it does would it be possible to add an option to allow
> a user to pause its execution, have it save its current state to be
> continued later?

When you are running a program (any program, including cast) in the
terminal you can always put is to sleep by pressing the key combination
Ctrl-z, this places the program in the background in a sleeping state,
you can see and it's id number it if you run the "jobs" command. You can
then wake it up again by running "fg <id num>" or in bash "%<id num>".

--
/ Robert Helgesson |-- rycee AT home.se --\
\-- GPG Key ID: 41E95A5B --| http://sourcemage.org/ /