sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Is it possible to pause sorcery or cast?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Schabell <eschabell AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Is it possible to pause sorcery or cast?
  • Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 21:59:25 +0200

> If you have an install queue (you're doing a system-update or cast
> --queue, etc.) then the queue should have things removed as you go
> (although i may be wrong). If thats the case then recasting --queue
> will only cast the things that are left.

This is true, I put that in long ago for the queue casting. So if you
run 'sorcery queue', followed by 'cast --queue' (or any higher command
that has these steps in there) it will remove successful as you go and
let you know what is still in the queue (check
/var/log/sorcery/queue/install).

I was a big fan of this for all casts; first put the list of requested
spells in the queue/install and then cast the queue so that if anything
happened you would have them. That is not yet in sorcery as the opening
of the cast system is a bit complex, as I am sure Andrew can tell you

Anyhow, if you are casting from a queue, then it is always left in the
queue if you break it off (no telling what breaking an install section
of a cast off will do though, as Andrew stated!).

erics