sm-discuss - RE: [SM-Discuss] Hamish, please note.

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "David Kowis" <dkowis AT shlrm.org>
  • To: "'Hamish Greig'" <hgreig AT bigpond.net.au>, <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: [SM-Discuss] Hamish, please note.
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 16:19:56 -0500

> A quick check of the four officially distributed grimoires as of
> 12-Jul-2004 18:05 still shows my name or email in 3119 places
> (another ?number
> in the devel repo ?), apparently 18 of which are MAINTAINER
> tags in DETAILS
> files.
> Unfortunately, it seems my point about having left the
> project and not wanting
> my name and email details distributed with a product I no
> longer support has
> not been understood, but someone does need to remove my name from the
> maintainer fields of those spells.

Damnit man, it's historical data. Removing your info from the MAINTAINER
fields is perfectly fine.
We're not going to remove the fact that you fixed things from history. You
don't remove someones name from the history books just because they ask for
it, or they don't like the way the past happened. What you've done was
recorded in a historical archive, if you didn't know that when you started,
then perhaps you shouldn't have started.
I don't believe your name will be removed from the changelogs or anything
historical. Removing from the MAINTAINER fields is perfectly plausable, and
has already been said that it would be done.