sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Hamish, please note.

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Jose Bernardo Silva" <jbs AT bandos.homelinux.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Hamish, please note.
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 20:17:31 +0100

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 11:51:40 -0700, Eric Sandall wrote
> Quoting Seth Alan Woolley <seth AT positivism.org>:
> > On Thu, Jul 08, 2004 at 05:23:52PM +1000, Hamish Greig wrote:
[...]
> > > I am sincerely asking for my name and details to be removed from
> > > files being distributed by a group of people whose ideals and ethics
> > > differ considerably from mine.
> >
> > If I get the go-ahead, I can do this. Frankly, I didn't know what
> > sandalle's response would be, and I expected your request to be granted.
>
> My problem with this is we'd be changing accreditation in our past
> without a good reason (such as finding out that there was purgery or
> plagiarism and fixing that). If you feel you cannot be associated
> with us anymore then that is as it will be and has been since you
> left, but (IMO) we're not about to change what someone did in the past.

Let me state as user and past section guru, that I am completely against any
attempts of change to our past. If someone no longer wants to be associated
with us, so be it. But you were here with us, and removing names from logs,
HISTORY files, etc. won't change that.

--
Jose Bernardo B R Silva | Source Mage GNU/Linux Nomadic Guru
jbernardo AT sourcemage.org | http://www.sourcemage.org