sm-discuss - RE: [SM-Discuss] Hamish, please note.

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Casey Harkins <charkins AT upl.cs.wisc.edu>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [SM-Discuss] Hamish, please note.
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 19:43:35 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004, Eric Sandall wrote:
Quoting David Kowis <dkowis AT shlrm.org>:
Damnit man, it's historical data. Removing your info from the MAINTAINER
fields is perfectly fine.
We're not going to remove the fact that you fixed things from history. You
don't remove someones name from the history books just because they ask for
it, or they don't like the way the past happened. What you've done was
recorded in a historical archive, if you didn't know that when you started,
then perhaps you shouldn't have started.
I don't believe your name will be removed from the changelogs or anything
historical. Removing from the MAINTAINER fields is perfectly plausable, and
has already been said that it would be done.

And is already done in all grimoires except stable. Now, how about we get back
to work? ;)

I think the games grimoire still needs to be done.

I agree that HISTORY, ChangeLog and any other historical type document should not have the name in question removed.

I agree that the apparent personal attacks and other commentary are starting to get annoying.

I agree that despite the annoyance, we should avoid censoring anyone at this point.

As he mentioned, if we keep cc'ing him in, he'll keep replying. So if anyone feels the need to continue the discussion, I urge you to do it off this list.

-casey