sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Re: The story of "Oh, my dependencies"

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: Jackson Alley <jalley AT toomanymirrors.homelinux.com>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Re: The story of "Oh, my dependencies"
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 09:24:49 -0700

> In order for dispel to really be able to do something like that we will
> need the full DEPENDS tree, which, to the best of my knoladge is
> incomplete. If some one is working on this correct me and I'd love to see
> where it's at. Thoughts? Ideas? Corrections?

Full depends does work actually. Its just broken when theres a broken
depends tree. Which is why dufflebunk wrote cleanse. So long as you
cleanse your system fairly often you wont have any of these problems,
because it will detect holes and disconnects and help you repair them
(to some extent).

As for other improvements to the depends system overall, thats what im
working on in my exorbant amounts of free time.

-Andrew