sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] persistent_save function being used in stable spells?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] persistent_save function being used in stable spells?
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 12:10:39 -0700

> Sounds good to me. Shall we coordinate the grimoire team to have the easy
> spells
> split by then as well?

I would hold off putting them in the test grimoire for at least a week
as everyone may not updated sorcery right away. Likewise for the stable
grimoire, we should wait probably a month so everyone has a chance to
get their sorcery updated and there aren't any major issues with it.

As for swapping over spells, sorcery is set up to coexist with either
setup, so the changeover can go at whatever speed the team wants.

http://wiki.sourcemage.org/index.php?page=Grimoire+Api
http://wiki.sourcemage.org/index.php?page=Build+Api+2

Might be helpful in explaining what needs to be done. I'll try to update
my splitting script to handle more cases. Although even doing it by hand
takes less than a minute or two for most spells.

One proposal I haven't heard anything about is abolishing the
(
) > $C_FIFO 2>&1 stuff in BUILD.
With the split it will have to go into PRE_INSTALL and INSTALL file as well
or else the output of those files wont get logged.
The alternative of course is to do the subscript execution in sorcery
which seems to be a win win situation since BUILD/PRE_INSTALL/INSTALL
doesn't have to have that nonsense in it, and everything is guarenteed
to be logged.

-Andrew

|Andrew D. Stitt | astitt at sourcemage.org |
|irc: afrayedknot | afrayedknot at t.armory.com |
|aim: thefrayedknot or iteratorplusplus | |
|Sorcery Team Lead, Porting Team Lead | |
|Grimoire Guru ham/smgl | ftp://t.armory.com |
|Author and Maintainer of Prometheus | |